Sunday, May 13, 2012

Body Image.
(Paraphrased from Wikipedia)

Body image refers to a person's feelings of the aesthetics and sexual attractiveness of his or her own body... Human society has at all times placed great value on beauty of the human body, but a person's perception of their own body may not correspond to society's standards.

A person's body image is thought to be, in part, a product of his or her personal experiences, personality, and various social and cultural forces. A person's sense of his or her own physical appearance, usually in relation to others or in relation to some cultural "ideal," can shape his or her body image. A person's perception of their appearance can be different from how others actually perceive him or her.


What others SEE, and what I see.



That's all. 

I've been over this topic about a hundred times on my blog so I don't want to do it all over again.  I'm just tired and frustrated of always stressing about really stupid stuff...  Like can I wear this outfit, or will I look fat and lumpy when I sit down, or stand a particular way? 


Ugh.
What I wouldn't give if I could go without even consider my body image again and feel perfectly content and happy about it.   

xoxo
Cam

1 comment:

AuBien said...

You are beautiful inside and out dear sister. I understand what you are working on with this post ... I wish you could see the body image we do - it would give you peace!