Thursday, August 28, 2008

Acrylic Album Templates - How to Guide for Creating an Album Template. Part 1.

I designed and cut my first shaped album in September of 2007. It was this lovely snowflake album. I've been hooked ever since.

In October 2007, I designed the following house shaped album, decorated it, and sold it on ebay. Approximately one month later another acrylic manufacturer used my design without my permission and began to mass market the album. If you're a scrapbooker it might look familiar.

I was so disappointed! It really challenged my faith in humanity. As it turns out it's going to cost me $THOUSANDS$ to pursue legal action, and while there is no question I would win in a legal dispute it's just not worth my effort or attention.

So instead I'm going the shareware route and I plan to make my Acrylic House Album Template available for free personal use. (I'll post that later.)


The finished album...

For now, I'm going to post detailed step by step instructions for exactly how to cut your own shaped albums with standard garage tools.

Today I'm starting with Designing your template

Update::::  Hi All, I have moved this full tutorial over to

Brave Girl University!

Check it out here. 

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Very Cool! I have always wanted to try Acrylic never had the time!
Are you going to a design cd???