Woot! I finished my new coat and I LOVE it.
I had this vintage fabric my grandma had given me. The pattern required 2 5/8 yards, but the piece was only about 1 7/8 yards so I had to do some finagling and alterations to the original design in order to make it work. When I was finished cutting out the pattern I didn't even have a piece left over large enough to save... and I'll save scraps if I think there is any possible way I might be able to use it.
The pattern doesn't line up exactly, but that's seriously the only thing that really bothers me... which is pretty good... cause sometimes when I finish making something I want to put it straight into the Goodwill pile.
The coat is made of a woven fabric and fully lined with white nylon. I even made covered buttons, which is a first for me.
You will also notice I did not take my own pictures this time.... Yes, Aaron, my 4 year old took them for me. No, he's not available to do weddings. Sorry.
I just love the coat... let me know what you thing.