Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation and the Last Day of School

Tuesday was the last day of kindergarten for Jennica.


Isn't she darling! I'm so proud of her. She worked so hard this year. I still haven't gotten her final report card... In true Jennica fashion she forget to clean out her mailbox on the last day of school. Hopefully her teacher will hang onto her papers so I can go pick themup. I am really excited to see how she did on her spring IRI's. I have no idea what IRI actually stands for, but it's the Idaho standardized reading assesment test. Jennica didn't do very well on the fall and winter IRI so we've been working very hard this spring to get her up to speed. I know she did well, but I want to actually SEE the results.

Tuesday night was Kindergarten graduation.


Graduation was scheduled to start at 7 pm, and by 6:30, when we arrived, we got the last 3 available chairs. The room was packed, with standing room only, by 6:45, and by 7:00.. well forget it...

At 7:00 the school principle discoved the batteries in the mic were dead... so finally at 7:10 the gradutaion got under way.


There were about 100 kindergardenters. They sang some cute songs, and we watched a video presentation of all the kids, then they got their advancement certificates.
Afterwards we all headed out to ice cream. We were out late and so the kids didn't get to bed till about 10 pm.

Today is Noahs last day of school. In typical fashion, we were late for the bus. I did manage to snap a few pictures of Noah, while he was running backwards on the way to the stop.

The last bus ride to school for second grade!


My kids make me so happy!

6 comments:

Amber H. said...

LOL! That first picture of her in her graduation just totally cracks me up! You can totally see her personality :o) How fun!

mandbrid said...

So sweet...

Xandra said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that I am very flattered that you like my designs so much that you bade your blog background and banner using I Dig My Garden, just a tiny little note though, (please dont take this as I am mad or anything lol because I am sooo not) when you use someones designs to make a blog, banner, or anything you need to make a permanent note either under the banner or at the bottom of the page crediting what kit you have used and who the designer is! (just in case anyone who likes your blog knows who to go to if they want to use it too!
Again your blog is adorable, and thank you for liking my designs enough to use them!
Xandra
Xandra Martin Designs

Kristi M. said...

Love Jennica in braided pig tails! So cute!

Amber H. said...

Sorry about that Cam, I just added the 'blog papers courtesy of' page element on the side. I'm acutally suprised I forgot to do that, as I've been trying to be better about that lately. Oops! Anyway, it's fixed :o)

Anonymous said...

Jen looks so grown up in that photo. Doesn't time fly!!!